Thursday, March 6, 2014

Nail care

Yesterday I made a selection in my collection of all my nail care products, base and top coats and thought to make a post about it and tell you my experience. I throwed away a few and these are the remaining ones.


I will start with the mosturizing products: P2 - Moisturizing Ultra Gel and Aromax - Nail and cuticule care oil

The P2 - Moisturizing Ultra Gel as you can see comes in a nail polish bottle which includes a pink liquid with small pink beads. The manufacturer promises: "Ultra moisturizing gel for nail and cuticle. With moisturizing D-panthenol and aloe vera to support the elasticity of the natural nail. The active ingredient beads contains vitamin E."

I apply it on the nail with the nail polish brush and I rub it in the nails and cuticles. Because of the brush, the product is super easy to dose and use. The consistency is a bit oily and runny, so the distribution is quick and simple. The product smells really good like berries, I would say.
I think the product makes the job, it moisturizes the nails and cuticles and harder’s the nail surface too, in my opinion. The formula is absorbed in the nails within a minute and does not leave a greasy film behind.

Moisturizers
The Aromax nail and cuticle care oil is my personal favorite because it is 100% natural. It is for everyday use. Ingredients: peanut and macadamia nut oil, evening primrose extract, natural antioxidant and vitamin E, and antiseptic essential oils like tea tree, lemongrass, clove and thyme all nourish the fragile nails seared by polishes and removers. The product makes the nails healthier and the vitamin E softens the cuticle.

Base coats and hardners
Avon"Protein and keratin-infused formula creates a hard, shiny finish. Provides a sheer, natural and healthy look to nails"

This gel strength base coat in my opinion has a professional quality. It helps protect the nails, adds a nice smooth base coat for the polish and goes on nicely. I use is many times without any other polish just to protect my nails and give them a nice shine.

Marks&Spencer - many of you maybe didn't known about this product, because it is mainly a clothing brand. I use it as a base coat because it dries very fast and smoothens the surface of the nail very well. I think it is called rejuvenating because after applying the product the nails look fresh like baby nails, if I can say so, it has a light pink shade. 

L'oreal - I love, love, love everything about this product, it is a high-performing nail care product, that allows to obtain a professional-looking result in a few minutes. The formula hardeners the nails and gives a mega shine and it can be used as a base coat or top coat. The brush is quite wide and it can be applied very easy and it dries fast.

Top coats
Rimmel (glossy finish) - I use this product when I don't make stampings because it smears. The manufacturer promises up to ten-day colour and shine after the use of this top coat.  I never have nail polish so long on my nails, so I cannot say if it works or not, but I can tell you that because of the wide angled brush it can be applied fast and mistake-free and it delivers a super smooth and glossy finish.


Rimmel (matte finish) - I tried a few matte top coats but this is far the best that I used. I think it makes any colour look much more sophisticated and gives a very distinctive effect and if you don't get it right to the edges you can clearly see the contrast of the shiny polish beneath compared to the totally matte polish once this is on. Easy to apply, nice brush for an even application, dries quickly, doesn't smell too strong.

Golden Rose - After the first use I decided that I will buy it again and again when the bottle will be empty.   The formula gives the nails volume and a gel look effect, it is super glossy and does not smear if I make stamped nails! My only objection is that it does not dry very fast.



KIKO and Gabrini - these two products can be used as a base or top coat. Because of the round and long brush the application is fast and easy, but both of them are not drying fast. The Gabrini polish has a better glossy finish as KIKO. 


As you can see my nails have a little bit of yellow shade even if I use base coats that have a great quality. I never used and buyed nail whiteners, I have my home made recipe for this problem, I put in a glass of warm water 2-3 table spoons of baking soda and the zest of a half of a lemon. I bath my nails in it for about 5-10 minutes and the yellow shade pales after a while.


For my skin I use deep moisturizing hand and nail creams like the one from Yves Rocher - Candied Mallows or the vaseline from Alpi Fresh with olive oil and vitamine E. 



I am sorry if I bored you with lots of details, but I hope that each of you can find something interesting and informative in this post!

I would be curious what is your favorite base and top coat? What is your usual nail care ritual?

I have to thank you all for your kind comments, sometimes I don't have the time to respond to all of you but I am doing my best in the future, I promise!

43 comments:

  1. It's so interesting to read what products others swear by - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mi-e rusine sa recunosc dar...in ultima vreme n-am mai folosit base coat si se cam vede... Trebuie sa ma reobisnuiesc cu fiecare etapa.
    Si eu iubesc top coat-ul Gel Look.
    Mi-a placut mult articolul tau.
    Pupici

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eu fara base coat nu folosesc niciodata oje, utilizez culori intense, inchise la culoare cu pigmenti puternici si se ingalbenesc unghiile foarte repede si sunt zile in care nu port nimic pe unghii si atunci arata inestetic culoarea nesanatoasa galbena.
      Ma bucur ca ti-a placut articolul meu!

      Delete
  3. Interesting helpful Post! Want have the Marks&Spencer nail shield ,love this Brand!

    big Hugs and kisses :***

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if you will find it because it is an older product, but do try!

      Delete
  4. I have yellowish nails too. :) ce sa faci daca suntem addicted to nail polish? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Da, asa este. Dar daca nu port oje mai multe zile la rand scap destul de repede de unghiutele galbene.

      Delete
  5. I'm not a fan of GR Gel Look, as it cracks afer one day on my nails o.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, it never happened to me, I love the product!

      Delete
  6. vaai cate am si eu, unele m-au dezamagit desi m-au costat ceva, altele m-au surprins intr-un mod foarte placut si cntinui sa le recumpar. tb sa recunosc ca nu am nimic din ce ne-ai prezentat tu mai sus insa as fi curioasa in incerc cateva <3. am avut si eu probleme ( ca orice nail addict ) cu ingalbenirea unghiilor ( desi am folosit baze ) insa am decis sa le las sa respire, sa nu mai folosesc oje si am scapat :D chiar imi place postarea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Asa procedez si eu de obicei, nu folosesc oje o perioada mai lunga, unghiile respira si scap destul de repede de galbenul inestetic al unghiilor, mai ales ca nu sunt puternic ingalbenite!

      Delete
  7. I love Gemey Maybelline Express Manicure Top coat, it's very glossy and dries fast !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't known about the Maybelline top coat, I am curious if I find it here in my country. I will look up for it!

      Delete
  8. Foarte interesant articolul.Despre top coatul de la GR am auzit numai lucruri bune.Cand le voi termina pe cere care le am momentan el este primul pe lista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eu sunt foarte multumita de ea, dar mai sus o cititoare a precizat ca la ea nu functioneaza, rezista doar o zi pe unghii. Experiente si experiente, eu nu patesc astfel si imi place mult!

      Delete
  9. Hi Andrea!
    I love this post! Thank you for all the information and details.
    Kisses my dear,

    GLOW BEAUTY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love having my hands always in order and cured, for this we will need the right products and these are. Hello dear good day.

    Valentina.

    WWW.ZAGUFASHION.COM
    ZAGU FACEBOOK PAGE
    bloglovin follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, beautiful and healthy hands are like business cards in my opinion.

      Delete
  11. Nagyon szepen koszonjuk a cikket. Tanulnivalom is volt belole. Most mar kivancsi vagyok a L'Oréal-ra h milyen. Ki kell probaljam ;) En is pont most keszitem a fenykepeket egy nail care routine cikkre :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kivancsi vagyok a te bejegyzesedre is! A L'orealt erdemes megvenni es allitolag van mar erosebb es jobb is ebbol a csoportbol!

      Delete
  12. This post was great! I also love the L'Oréal base coat :D and I did use the lemon recipe for whitening nails, it works very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy that you liked my post, yes the L'oreal base coat is a high quality product!

      Delete
  13. Interesting post! Good collection! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy that you think so :)
      My collection was bigger but I thowed some away before the post!

      Delete
  14. Really interesting post! I always use Opi Nail Envy as a base coat (but it doesn't stop my nails from turning a bit yellow, unfortunately) and just smear lots and lots of cuticle cream daily! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used OPI Nail Envy too and I really loved it, but after a while it was hard to find it in the stores here and changed it for another brand.

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Oh, and this is nothing. I need more space for my collection, because I have a lot :)

      Delete
  16. I used to be AWFUL about nail care… mostly because I picked my cuticles (GROSS, I know!). But now I do a mini manicure 2x a week on myself (like a 15 minute process) and the results have been fantastic. My nails look great and my nail beds are getting healthier and my nails stronger--- so glad I have made this commitment! Thank you for all the info. As for my Base and Top coat, I use Zoyas versions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to red about your experience! Yes, a weekly manicure makes the nails look healthier and stronger!

      Delete
  17. Foarte interesat si util acest articol. Cateva din produsele prezentate de tine, le folosesc si eu. Pe langa metoda cu bicarbonat si zeama de lamaie, eu am incercat-o si pe cea cu pasta de dinti. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Da, am folosit si eu varianta cu pasta de dinti si acela functioneaza destul de binisor! Ma bucur ca ti-a placut articolul meu!

      Delete
  18. Hi Dear!
    Thanks for sharing all these Tipps with us! I'll try to find the one from L'oreal =)
    Normally I use products from P2 for my nails care ritual. There is one De-Coloring Gel that I like very much, but, interestingly, you are the second person in this week that showed this home made recipe! So, I'll try this too =P

    Thanks again!

    Have I nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try it, it needs more than one time to do it and have brighter nails, but it worth it and you can try the toothpaste tehnique too, that works too! Have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  19. Hello Andrea and thank you so much for following my blog. I know you as Funandi from Instagram but I never thought that you have your own blog so I`m really glad to see you here! :D Hugs & kisses

    ReplyDelete
  20. This post makes me realise that I don't do any nail care whatsoever. No base, nor top coats... I'm already glad when I find the time to paint my nails at all. But yeah, I could really take better care of them. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow.. i've never try any of that products before.. i better get hands on them soon! very very helpful post dear, love it love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome! I love to read about nail care products and your reviews are very useful! :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...