Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Fishtail nail art

Tip Top Nails South Africa had a contest last week with the theme accent nail. The rules where very simple, the participants had to ask a male to choose three polishes and from them to create a freehand nail art work. My husband in collaboration with my daughter choose the bellow seen polishes and for me it was a good opportunity to try the fishtail nail art. 


But first a swatch that you all are waiting for, with the new Moyra Tangerine polish from the Bubble Gum collection. I absolutely love this orange shade, this was the first thing that caught my eye, because I didn't new anything about this special effect polish. I expected a cream finish for this one and I obtained a matte, cream finish combination, exactly like a bubble gum! The formula is a little bit thick, but the application was easy. In one coat, the surface of the nails looked streaky but in two coats the polish got fully opaque and smooth. The drying time is acceptable!




And here comes my fishtail nail art. This is the first time I make it, so it is not my best one, but I enjoyed to paint my nails and I liked the final effect. I combined the orange polish with the gray suede effect polish from Moyra that I won from the lovely Madalina - Miss Happy and Her Nails and the white Pure Milk - Jelly Look polish from Flormar (you can find swatches here.) I finished my nails with a matte top coat.







I hope you liked this design and color combination and oh, I forgot to tell you I didn't won at this competition.
 Have you every tried to make fishtail nail art? What was your experience?

Thank you for stopping by!

27 comments:

  1. Great Nail Design ,love it!

    big Hugs :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely design :)- this bubble gum is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Foarte frumoase.Imi plac mult cele doua oje Moyra si cum le-ai imbinat. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an amazing shade of this polish !
    i like this fish tale design! bravo !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice mani. Love that fall colours combination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Moyra polish has interesting finish. I love your choice of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the colour combination, beautiful final result! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this combination of colors and finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Arata foarte bine. :D
    De cand mi-am propus sa incerc aceasta tehnica....Sper sa reusesc pana la urma. :)
    Pupici

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the color combo. that is beautiful pastels orange (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous orange! The fishtail looks great, I haven't tried that design yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. e frumoasa culoarea aceea de baza! iar impletitura.. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. The tangerine colour is my favourite. It looks great even just on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OAU! Superba nuanta dar si modelul, felicitari!
    http://www.xcentrica.ro/tinuta-de-septembrie/

    ReplyDelete
  15. i like the colour of moyra! :) it's a nice manicure :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never tried this kind of manicure but it's so pretty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Frumoasa impletitura, imi place combinatia de culori, eu nu as reusi la cat imi tremura mainile in astfel de operatiuni. :))
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I've never done fishtail nails before :(
    Love the orange polish!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow this looks gorgeous! I've also never done a fish tail manicure but you make it look so easy!! I am in love with the colours you have used here :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Superba e putin spus. Un mare da, e fix pe placul meu!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...